The main purpose of this measure is about gauging the level of engagement happening or opportunities for partnership. It was
accepted by the group that there would be a number of hui that Mana Whenua would not
attend where the Local Boards wished to hold a closed forum.
The trend for this measure indicates that things have been getting better a little bit each year but there is room for improvement.
The group believed that
- Maori awareness has grown with more settlements being sorted
- Te Waka Angamua being formed
- The growing awareness of Maori culture
- Local Board working individually with Mana Whenua and taking more direct channels to do so
- Growing relationships between Mana Whenua and Local Board and having the right person connecting Mana Whenua with Local Board representative