This performance measure is about the opinion of the Mana Whenua representatives and not the wider Mana Whenua membership.
It was suggested that surveys to measure this could be connected to an annual report and included into 3 year plans for each local board
The Group believe that since 2013
- there is increased awareness about local authority requirments to engage with Maori
- there are strengthening relationships between Mana Whenua represenatatives and local Boards
- Maunga settlements in Mangere provide opportunity to hui
- there are situations of Mana Whenua and Local Board inclusion
- Confidence in one another and where this is all headed