This performance measure is about the opinion of individual Local Board members.
In 2013 Te Waka Angamua had very little involvement with Local Board
Barriers What's getting in the way:
- Bureaucracy may disrupt, Mana Whenua prefer to work with Local Board directly and face to face – do not need someone to speak for them
- Waka Angamua not representative of Mana Whenua
- Levels of formality – the ability to delegate council’s discretion to form committees
- Local Board cannot appoint to formal committees but they can for the informal ones – it’s the elected members only that can attend formal. Would require legislative change, as it is the legislation that controls that
- Local Board can write submissions