Otara Together Vibrant and Strong
· Build a strong family-focused community
· Improve the health and well-being of Otara
· Represent and serve Otara
· Whānau Mātauranga - Family Education
· Papakāinga - Neighbourhood and Community Services
· Hapori Whānui - Community Systems
‘O le ala i le pule o le tautua’- Leadership Through Service
· Empowering others
· Innovation and excellence
|Our Guiding Principles|
· Have community work at all levels
· Have a capable workforce that represents the ethnicities and languages of the community
· Work collaboratively and in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders
· Develop services in response to community need and be responsive to community feedback
· Have transparent and accountable business and financial practice
A healthy and well community is one that supports healthy eating and appropriate exercise. It enjoys a strong family focus that values children and supports parents in their role. The conditions listed further below demonstrate a healthy and well community. In comparison Otara is struggling and not doing very well with many of these.
Hospital stays are reduced
Children are at school
Less people on the sickness benefit
People are playing more sport or are more active
Obesity is low
Domestic violence is low
Healthy food choices are readily available and affordable
Public transport is well utilised
Housing is healthy accessible and affordable
Children are safe to walk to and from school, sport or other activities
Schools are well supported and education and learning is valued
Families have sufficient income to participate in social activities, eat healthy, and take care of themselves
Families have sufficient time to participate in social activities together
The elderly are thriving and supported by more able members (youth) of the community
Youth crime is low
We work to ensure our programmes are targeted towards the health and wellbeing of families.
Otara Health programme users and those referred to us.
We work to implement a neighbourhood development strategy building on existing initiatives and partnering with relevant community development and safety services so our efforts to influence safe, healthy, strong and interconnected communities is maximised.
Unsafe and or unhealthy neighbourhoods and individuals seeking support.
We work to apply an environmental focus that is about providing healthy sustainable communities for Otara families.
Families currently enrolled and referred, who are concerned about their environments.
We work to encourage and participate with communities in social enterprise and innovative solutions that create economic benefits for Otara families.
Otarians seeking employment and business opportunities.
Otara Health's new direction focuses on improving outcomes for families. We aim to ensure appropriate capability, infrastructure and policies are in place to support a collective impact approach to address social change and partnering with communities to inform service design.
The Otara Health Charitable Trust Board and Employees