What are the positive factors that are contributing to you reaching your desired result?
- State/Federal Funded Pre-k Program: Head Start, Early Head Start, Pre-k 3, Prek 4, birth to 2.5, ECI
- Community Education: Several programs in county offering education for parents
- Local daycares, Mother's day out programs
- Variety of options for daycare and early childhood education
What are the negative factors that are restricting you from reaching your desired result?
- Low rate of daycare attendance: lack of transportation, lack of finances, ineligible for free programs
- Lack of information available
- Language barrier
- No Pre-K programs in rural areas
- Limited childcare centers: some aren't able to re-open due to pandemic
What populations are the most disadvantaged and what causes these disparities?
- Rural areas
- Lower middle class-do not qualify for free programs but do not make enough money to pay out of pocket
- Low socio-economic families
- Lack of transportation
- Spanish-speaking families, Pacific Islanders
Are there foreseeable factors that will affect your work over the next few months to a year?
- Potential resources put in place to offer tution to families that do not meet requirements for free program
- Addressing unknowns due to Pandemic: low resources for PPE for example
- Children being out of school for a long period of time due to pandemic: transitioning back to school-readjustment
- Increased job loss in county: emotional, financial stress-unable to pay for daycare when they once were
- Potential to reclose
What additional research is needed to better understand the factors that influence the slope of the curve and related disparities?
- What resources are available to the rural areas/what resources are needed for those in rural areas?
- What role does culture play in not enrolling child in early education programs?
- Survey parents to understand their needs in helping their children become more ready for school