What are the positive factors that are contributing to you reaching your desired result?
- Preventative Programs: The Hope Center, New Life, VOICE, Growing Together, Child and Family, Strengthening Families Program
- Court-mandated Programs: Single Parent Family Program, Child and Family
- Growing research suggests the harm done by removing children, trend towards prevention and family based social services
What are the negative factors that are restricting you from reaching your desired result?
- Lack of Sex Education
- Lack of Knowledge and Education: Developmental
- Stigma of accessing parenting resources/materials
- Lack of CPS collaboration with community providers
- Amount of drug use in Navarro County
- High rate of domestic violence and lack of resources available for families dealing with domestic violence
What populations are the most disadvantaged and what causes these disparities?
- Any families in poverty
- Single-Parent Households
- Non-English speaking families
- Pregnant teens without support systems
Are there foreseeable factors that will affect your work over the next few months to a year?
- COVID-19: increase in childbirth
- Unemployment: children at home/not being in school
- EDI Maps: Get a better understanding of needs based on geographic areas
What additional research is needed to better understand the factors that influence the slope of the curve and related disparities?
- Understanding the removal process and requirements from Child Protective Services
- CPS worker turnover rate
- How the EDI maps connect with rates of abuse and neglect
- Gauge community's trust in CPS and how that effects their attitudes towards reporting abuse and neglect
- There are potential benefits and harm to removing children from their homes. What are the number of children staying in unsafe households?