Why is this measure important?
This measure is important to monitor the number of sustainable employment obtained through various targeted hiring events and services to better inform the effectiveness of the workforce system
Analysis of Contributing and Restricting Factors
- Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) database is developed for data capture
- Good procedures and sytems in place for organizing and implementing hiring events
- Experienced staff and strong partnerships
- Requires labor intensive follow-up strategies.
- Data results are dependent on employer self-reporting that may not be substantiated
- No system in place to acccurately capture employment placements of other entities beyond WSM