The State Scorecard on Long-Term Services and Supports for Older Adults, People with Physical Disabilities, and Family Caregivers measures five dimensions of LTSS system performance:
- Affordability and Access Consumers can easily find and afford services, with a safety net for those who cannot afford services.
- Choice of Setting and Provider A person-centered approach allows for consumer choice and control of services.
- Quality of Life and Quality of Care Consumers are treated with respect and preferences are honored when possible, with services maximizing positive outcomes.
- Support for Family Caregivers Family caregivers’ needs are assessed and addressed, so they can receive the support they need to continue their essential roles.
- Effective Transitions Integration of health, LTSS, and social services minimizes disruptions such as unnecessary hospitalizations, institutionalizations, and transitions between settings.