The following actions have been identified by our Healthy Eating & Physical Activity Action Team and community members as ideas for what can work for our community to make a difference on adult BMI.
(A) Actions and Approaches Identified by Our Partners These are actions and approaches that our partners think can make a difference on adult BMI.
- Make exercise fun and accessible
- Encourage safety and inclusive exercise
- Nutrition education
- Advertising and marketing, especially geared to the younger audience
- Identify wellness champions
- Decode food labels
- Seek funding for large environmental projects like sidewalks and pools
(B) What is Currently Working in Our Community These are actions and approaches that are currently in place in our community to make a difference on adult BMI.
(C) Evidence-Based Strategies These are actions and approaches that have been shown to make a difference on adult BMI.
The Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Action Team completed the
"Whole Distance Exercise" to begin the prioritization process and select
actions to take to address this health priority. The team answered the
- Result: What quality of life conditions do we want for Jackson County residents?
- Experience: How will we recognize this result in everyday life?
- Indicators: How can we measure these experiences?
- Partners: Who has a role to play in this?
- Current Actions: What are we currently doing to address this?
- What Works to Do Better: How can we make our numbers better?
The Action Team considered all options including those that were no/low cost and off the wall. After reviewing our "Current Actions" and pairing them with "What Works to Do Better," the Action Teams selected strategies to implement based on feasibility, impact, and resources.